Shore Excursions - Types of Excursion
With so many types of Shore Excursions are on offer, how do you know which ones are right for you? Below we have complied a list of possible shore excursions on your next cruise and what they may include:
- Usually uses a coach bus.
- Visits the most popular attractions at the port - historic landmarks, shopping districts and scenic views.
- Guided - narration of what you see and provides information about historical, current information.
- Frequent stops - allows people to get a closer look at the attractions.
- Popular in historical & modern areas where the cities are narrow and are too narrow for vehicles or busy traffic makes it easier to walk around in - Rome, Bath, Amsterdam.
Private Vehicle Tours
- Driver to take you to the sights of your choice.
- Provides flexibility to see what you want and spend as much time as like at each stop.
- *will need to do research to find out where you want to go.
- Take advantage of the unique attributes of each location – ie: Bungy jumping in Queenstown, hiking in Peru, etc.
- Provides an exciting way of travelling - adds a little twist to your journey.
- Can be strenuous, check the physical requirements before you sign up.
- biking, kayaking, rafting, zip lining, fishing, horseback riding..etc...
- Show case the 'natural beauty' of the destination.
- Snorkelling, scuba diving, jetskiing. Viewing fo colourful fish, coral and other sea life.
- Sunbathe and take a dip in a secluded beach.
- Get out on the water in a glass bottom boat.
- Discover the incredible underwater worlds in the destination you visit.
- There might be shops easily accessible just after de-boarding the cruise.
- There are also excursions designed specifically for shopping experience - visiting authentic shops and unique boutiques.
- Dining excursions give access to authentic food and unique dining experiences.
- Excursions include - local meal at a local home with a local family = authentic taste of the local culture.
- Discover local specialities.
- Culinary destinations.
- Learn about the past, historical dates and stories for the destinations.
- Overnight excursions. E.g Egypt to see the Great Pyramids and Valley of the Kings.
Shows and Entertainment
- Immerse yourself in local arts, history and culture.
- Take a walking tour, visit an ancient site. Watch a traditional dance performance, listen to a storytellers tales of local legend.
- Take a helicopter or light plane across landscapes including glaciers and ice fields, national parks, waterfalls and see things in a new way.
- E.g: adventure activities like fly fishing, wilderness walks and dog sledding.
- Focused on seeing rare and amazing creatures in their natural habitats.