Top Tips for North America Cruises
Taking a cruise along the coast of New England and Canada is a unique and relaxing way to experience some of the beautiful attractions that this special area has to offer.
From fall colours to national parks and history, the team at Cruiseabout Ponsonby share their tips and must-do’s on North America cruises.
• Look for departures in September or October so you can take advantage of the region's famous fall colours.
• The Titanic tour in Halifax is a fantastic way to learn about the history of the ship and visit the graveyards. The Maritime Museum has even recovered the original artefacts.
• Pedal through the natural wonders of Acadia National Park in Bar Harbour, Maine on a mountain bike, or take a stunning coastal drive past hand cut stone bridges and Cadillac Mountain. Don’t forget your lobster meal here - a bargain for just $10!
• There’s no experience quite like taking cruise ships out of New York Harbour; a balcony cabin on starboard will give you a perfect view of Staten Island and the Statue of Liberty.
• In Newport, Rhode Island, visit the oldest pub in the United States, dating back to 1752. We recommend a welcoming cold pint after wandering the cliff tops and viewing the stately mansions.
• A culinary tour of Boston’s ‘Little Italy’ markets is an absolute 'must do' and will appeal to both the foodies and non-foodies alike.
Princess Cruises specialise in cruises to North America. For the sixth consecutive year the cruise line has been awarded “Best Cruise Line in Alaska” in the annual Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards. The award recognized princess Cruises for the high standard of its Alaska cruises and tours.
This year the cruise line's Alaska programme will feature seven ships, including the refurbished Grand Princess, providing passengers with the choice of over 20 cruise-tour options. The fleet will also offer the largest number of balcony staterooms in Alaska and carry more passengers to the beautiful Glacier Bay than any other cruise line.
For more information on North America cruises to Canada and New England please contact a Cruiseabout cruise specialist or call on 0800 22 11 14.