World Cruises & Sectors
Did you know..?
- Most world cruises last more than 100 days and stop at over 40 ports in all corners of the globe. If you are on a tighter schedule, you can find cruises taking in the very best of 6 continents in less than 3 months. You can also find longer cruises featuring even more destinations or spending longer in each port, offering more time to savour every stop.
- Every stage of world cruises needs to be carefully planned to account for seasonal changes and major calendar events. So you will find different cruise programmes departing at different times of the year in many parts of the world. Find cruises that match your available dates or look for last-minute deals on cruise ships departing soon if you're feeling adventurous.
Who goes there?
These days, more and more cruise lines are offering world cruise itineraries and sectors thereof. The most popular itineraries for Australians have been with Princess Cruises, departing from Sydney, as well as the classic cruise lines steeped in old world style, like P&O Cruises International and Cunard. Other cruises lines offering world cruises and sector itineraries are Costa Cruises; luxury cruise lines Crystal Cruises, Seabourn Silversea Cruises and Oceania; Holland America Line and Fred Olsen Cruise Line.
Best time to go?
World cruises are scheduled for ideal weather and climate conditions as much as possible, through every part of the journey, but there will always be rainy days. Pack your bag for all seasons or update your wardrobe along the way with shopping excursions in the world's style capitals.
- Multiple Continents, One Holiday - a world cruise offers a decade's worth of holidays in 1 trip, and you'll only have to pack your bags once. By visiting so many destinations in disparate parts of the world in the company of expert guides, you will develop a deeper understanding of the contrasts between places and cultures to enrich your travel experience.
- Luxury Accommodation - your personal cabin is designed to be a home away from home, a place where you can relax in peace and privacy during the voyage. Cruise lines offer a range of accommodation to suit every budget and requirement, from family rooms to spacious suites with private balconies.
- Gourmet Dining - touring the world also gives you the chance to sample exotic dishes and discover new favourites. As well as fine dining in a variety of countries, you'll be spoiled for choice with the breakfast, lunch and dinner options on board your cruise ship. Menus reflect the region, introducing you to the local cuisine.
- Entertainment - you won't have to worry about how to fill your evenings at sea with the packed schedule of music, theatre, comedy and other events organised by your cruise line. Premium cruises routinely host national symphony orchestras and world-famous performers when they pass through their part of the world, so you never know who you'll see on board.
Want to know more? Talk to a Cruise Specialist today