Tips for Staying Fit on your Cruise Holiday
All you can eat buffets, bottomless drinks and relaxing by the pool all day can pack on the kilo's, so we've put together a couple of handy tips to keep you fit and healthy on your next cruise vacation.
- Book a room as far away from the dining room as possible - You will be required to walk just that little bit extra each time you dine.
- Dine Smart - Be smart on the buffet, pace yourself at meals. Take advantage of the healthy dining options. Drink plenty of water and control your alcohol and fizzy drink consumption
- Locate the spa and the gym - Talk to the staff in the fitness centre and get to know your environment. Take advantage of all that is offered - sign up for special/group classes as soon as you can (they do fill up).
- On board activities - Take part in activities such as rock climbing, swimming and dancing to burn those extra calories.
- Choose shore excursions that will keep you active! - Try hiking, biking, swimming or snorkelling.
- Don't take the elevator - Get in the habit of using the stairs. Added bonus: They are free!
Do you have any tips that you'd like to share with us? Comment below